Profondeville(Belgium - Wallonia)
Profondeville is a municipality assembling six villages in the Namur Province in Belgium. All six villages count around 12 000 inhabitants. The area is famous for its rich and picturesque nature and offers a variety of outdoor activities, while Profondeville’s villages offer a vivid social life to both locals and visitors. The village wants develop a digital strategy around three main areas: improving data management, enhancing citizens’ engagement and promoting the area to tourists.
Lookout trucks to provide valuable territory data of Namur region
Profondeville villages getting high-speed broadband internet
Smart Rural Communities Cafés are organised for selected and Come Along! Smart Rural 21 villages. Each café is hosted by the representative(s) of a local community who talk about the community’s approach to ‘smart villages’, community engagement, inspiring initiatives and much more… During the Smart Cafés village representatives can discuss informally ideas, approaches and questions ... Read more
Smart Village Academy
Two Smart Rural Academy online events were organised within the framework of the Smart Rural 21 project, with the participation of over 100 village representatives (from the 21 participant and Come Along! villages), Smart Rural 21 core team members and national experts. The main purpose of the meetings was to inspire participants through presenting and ... Read more
The Smart Rural project is a two and a half-year project supported by the European Commission (DG AGRI) with the overall aim to promote and inspire villages to develop and implement smart village approaches and strategies across Europe, and to draw conclusions and support future policy interventions on smart villages.
- Dec 2019 - Smart Rural 21 project started.
- Jan 2020 - Strategy development started with five preselected villages.
- Jan – Jun 2020 - Application to become one of the additional 16 villages.
- Jun 2020 - 16 additional villages selected & started strategy developement.
- 27 Oct 2020 - 1st Smart Village Academy
- Dec 2020 - All selected villages complete their smart strategies
- Feb 2021 - Smart action planning starts in all 21 villages
- 23-24 Feb 2021 - 2nd Smart Village Academy
- Jul 2021 - Selection of 2 villages to complete strategic actions in full
- Sept 2021 - 2nd Regional Workshop
- Jun 2021 - 1st Regional Workshop (Northern Region)
- Dec 2021 - Strategic action support completed in 21 villages
- Apr 2022 - Final Conference
- Jun 2022 - Smart Rural 21 project ends