What’s happening in my country
This page contains specific information about the planning and implementation of smart villages in Poland. The information aims to orient people on policy planning, key contacts and resources on smart villages. However, it neither aims to be fully comprehensive, nor necessarily reflects the official government or European Commission position.
Explore how smart villages are being implemented in Poland.
Key CAP contact(s) :
Support for Smart Villages under the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP)
- Two government positions were created in relation to the CAP in the past years: the Council of Ministers document ‘Common Agricultural Policy after 2020 – Polish priorities’ (16 May 2017) and the position of the ‘Government of the Republic of Poland – The future of agriculture and food production’ (25 January 2018).
- To date, no specific provisions on Smart Villages are noticeable in the official CAP documents in Poland.
- Two calls for projects on Smart Villages took place in the second half of 2019 and in 2020-2021. Institutions involved in the organisation (including the Ministry of Agriculture, the Polish Rural Network, Policy Academy of Sciences) of the calls are also involved in the process of formulation of the new CAP in Poland.
Further information on CAP & smart villages :
Key NRN contact(s) :
Activities of the National Rural Network (NRN) on smart villages
- The Polish NRN (Krajowa Sieć Obszarów Wiejskich) is managed by the Agricultural Advisory Centre, a state-controlled institutionsubordinated to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development. The network provides information and support to villages, rural areas and institutions on several initiatives and programmes, such as LEADER/CLLD, the evaluation of the Rural Development Programme and other activities. The network also acts as the secretariat of an intermediary platform between the Ministry and the LAGs.
- The Polish NRN actively took part in the organisation of two editions of the “My Smart Village” call for projects, organised by the Institute of Rural and Agricultural Development of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
- The NRN members have been active in European level activities (the ENRD thematic group on Smart Villages, cooperation with Romanian, Slovak, Hungarian and French NRNs, etc.)
Key contact(s) :
Support provided through other national/ regional policies & initiatives
The Regional Village Renewal Programme in Poland is, among others, supporting the Polish Network of Village Renewal and Development since 2013. The Network aims to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and good practices on village development.